Vecom Sillavan Metal Treatment Limited is recruiting a number of metal laundry operatives to join the experienced team at the site in Bury and for occasional assignments on location throughout the country. We strive to be the best service provider in our core activities by combining knowledge and experience with flexibility and operational perfection, where people and the environment are paramount. These are new positions driven by the continued growth of the business through assignments that are awarded to us by hundreds of satisfied clients. We are looking at an immediate start with the intention of a full-time contract after a short probation period.
Vecom Sillavan Metal Treatment Limited is part of the Dutch Vecom Group. Vecom Group has a strong image as an expert in metal surface treatment. There is plenty of room for expansion, both nationally and internationally. The growth objective for the United Kingdom is ambitious: a substantial increase in turnover from activities in the metal laundry department in our Bury premises as well as on-site services for chemical technical cleaning of process installations in a variety of industries throughout the United Kingdom. We want to be the best quality service provider in these disciplines.
We are looking for versatile operators and supervisors that will be working in the metal laundry workshop in Bury as well as on-site from time to time throughout the United Kingdom and elsewhere in the world when we collaborate with our colleagues from the Dutch parent company on exciting projects.
We expect you to be customer focused, take ownership of designated jobs, strong communication skills and a high level of safety awareness. A background in the metal treatment sector is an advantage as well as some experience in a comparable position. You feel at home in an SME company with a family culture. You are a doer with a 'can-do’ mentality. You have a good level of conversational English, live a commutable distance from Bury and are in possession of a clean driving license. COSHH, SCC, FLT and/or Crane licenses are an advantage, but extensive training will be offered to the right candidates.
Working times and remuneration
Working hours are Monday to Friday between 08.00 hrs. and 16.30 hrs. including a 30-minute lunch break. If and when the business develops and grows, we will add shifts where relevant shift allowances will apply. The hourly wage is dependent on experience.
The majority of your time will be spent in the metal laundry workshop in Bury performing bath treatment, spray pickling and circulation of stainless steel elements for a large number of fabricators throughout the country. The work includes:
- Discuss the work orders with the production manager based on the planning and work order slips.
- Unloading the supplied parts, after inspection by the production manager, using a forklift and / or overhead crane.
- Moving the parts using the overhead crane or forklift.
- Pumping pickling fluid into the pickling baths on instruction of the production manager.
- Dipping the parts into the pickling baths according to the established work instructions.
- Execute spray pickling assignments.
- Execute assignments whereby components are cleaned via circulation of fluid with pump.
- Spray the parts clean with a jet washer and/or blow-dry using the air / nitrogen gun.
- Discuss progress with the production manager after each work phase.
- Coordination of work with colleagues.
- Check whether the order has been executed in accordance with the order correctly.
- Sign off the work order.
- Complete work orders and times involved in the production of finished items.
- Loading the material with the forklift or overhead crane on the means of transport after exit control by the production manager.
Occasionally you will be deployed on site on projects in the United Kingdom or elsewhere in the world. The work includes:
- Unloading the equipment at the project location.
- Building and assembling the temporary cleaning construction on the project location.
- Installing pumps / basins.
- Conducting leak tests and the cleaning plan.
- Monitoring progress of the cleaning process and identifying potential bottlenecks or improvements.
- Collection and removal of wastewater / material.
- Dismantling the cleaning installation in accordance with the work instructions.
- Leave the work location clean.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
If you are shortlisted for an interview, we will contact you to arrange a suitable time.
Vecom are an equal opportunities employer.