We want to be the best quality service provider in the United Kingdom for chemical-technical cleaning! Wanted: a Sales Manager with nationwide ambitions for our on-site services. Are you the hunter who increases our success in the process industry?
What is your assignment?
Ambitious and meaningful
Vecom Sillavan Metal Treatment Ltd. is part of the Dutch Vecom Group. Vecom Group has a strong image as specialist in metal surface treatment. The division Vecom Projects specializes in internal cleaning of process installations. We do so on-site at the premises of our customers. With chemical technical cleaning, cleaning fluids are circulated through a closed circuit. Often standard products and standard procedures are used by the contractor involved. These do not always give optimum results. Vecom Projects goes further where others stop. By applying bespoke processes and customer specific products and procedures, our clients are guaranteed an optimum result.
We are involved in pre-commissioning cleaning before new installations are started up and also appear in post-commissioning assignments, whether it is during a scheduled stop or in an emergency. Our clients range from multinationals alike Akzo Nobel, BASF, Cargill, Shell, Sabic and Siemens to larger SME’s. For this activity there is plenty of room for expansion, both nationally and internationally. The growth objective for the United Kingdom is ambitious and meaningful: a substantial increase in turnover from the focus on 'no harm' for people, the environment and metal. Basically we want to develop the United Kingdom into our second home market. The aim is to convert the current incidental business into a robust structural presence and achieve a turnover of at least £ 2.000.000 in 2023. The current reactive attitude has to change into a proactive one.
From the premises in Bury in the United Kingdom Vecom Sillavan Metal Treatment Ltd. is focussing on exploring and cultivating the markets in the United Kingdom. From the headquarters in Maassluis in The Netherlands sistercompany Vecom Industrial Services B.V. undertakes the approach for the rest of the world. The joint efforts are labelled under the collective brand Vecom Projects. For global clients dedicated teams are to be considered on a case-by-case basis. The joint back office (quotations, engineering, contracting, planning, project management) is located in Maassluis.
It is your task to ensure that the British process industry can no longer ignore Vecom Projects. You do this by tightening the ties with existing customers and certainly by winning new customers. Enough opportunities, because there are not less than 14 segments in the process industry that you can edit. As a commercial frontrunner and sparring partner of the management of Vecom Projects, you can scour the market, you bring a new and refreshing impetus to the organization. This is how you proof to be the top player in the realization of the ambitious growth target set for 2023!
How are you going to approach that?
Organization on the move
Vecom Sillavan Metal Treatment Ltd. has put an ambitious dot on the horizon: quickly releasing dependence on a limited number of market segments and achieving enormous growth in turnover within 4 years. The market opportunities are there for the taking. There are not less than 14 sectors within the process industry that are eager to receive the specialist service from Vecom Projects. But those industries must be able to find us. Good news for you, you can use all your sales power to conquer the market!
You start with the targeted approach of existing customers in the United Kingdom. You breathe new life into "sleeping" relationships, browse the market and identify interesting projects where you create inputs to trigger prospects. In this way you recapture and strengthen the home market.
Commercial frontrunner with content
Vecom Projects is looking for a hunter with refreshing ideas and guts, who knows how to sell added value to the customer through consultative selling. A commercial frontrunner with content. After all, this is not about selling just such a service. This concerns specialist cleaning projects in capital-intensive industries where safety and continuity are of the utmost importance. Being able to move in with the challenges of your client and giving customized advice are crucial characteristics.
As a commercial driving force, you fulfill an autonomous role within Vecom Projects but luckily you are not alone. You report to and work with the Manager Projects of Vecom Projects. You also work closely with the Project Engineers and the Project Manager in the Dutch backoffice for that you regularly fly over to The Netherlands. Your positive and energetic attitude inspire the team and bring "excitement in the house".
What do you bring for that?
- You feel at home in an SME company with a family character, you are not a corporate type
- A doer with content and a 'do not talk but do' mentality
- Experience with consultative selling in an international, technical B2B environment
- The drive to "hunt" and achieve growth, nationally and internationally
- At least Business School education level, affinity with chemistry, technology and process industry
- Enterprising, energetic and tenacious; moves smoothly at all levels
- The English language has no secrets for you, knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
- Living at a travelable distance from Bury and happy with (inter)national travel
Where are you going to do this?
Vecom consists of chemists and has its roots in the shipping industry. Vecom celebrated its 65th anniversary in 2018 and has grown to become the worldwide specialist in the field of metal surface treatment, with customers from the food industry, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries, as well as from the medical and chemical sector, offshore, power stations, metalworking and (still) from the shipping industry.
With a focus on "no harm" for people, the environment and metal, the Vecom specialists ensure that metal surfaces are treated in a safe and environmentally conscious manner. Both at one of our locations in the Netherlands, Belgium and England, and worldwide on-site. The organization wants to add more value for its customers through innovations.
The on site services business unit within Vecom Sillavan Metal Treatment Ltd. is part of the Vecom Projects combination and offers solutions for many types of contamination in the process industry. Where others limit themselves to standard techniques and standard products, Vecom Projects. guarantees optimum solutions through the use of customer- and process-specific solutions. The process industry is a collective name for not less than 14 sectors: natural gas extraction, production of fertilizer, production of plastics and plastics, pharmaceutical industry, blast furnaces, oleochemistry, oil refining, petrochemistry, paper manufacture, paint industry, food industry, water treatment, shipbuilding and power plants and likely there are more to explore. Vecom Projects is called in for cleaning of new installations prior to commissioning and for periodic cleaning during use. In this way the efficiency of the factory or production facility is optimized.
What do you get in return?
- Working for an organization with a strong image and rich history (since 1953)
- Locations in the Netherlands, Belgium and United Kingdom and reliable partner for global players
- Give shape and content to your role
- Unique opportunity to contribute to the growth of the organization
- Contributing to the optimum performance of industries that determine our daily lives
Purpose of the position
The Sales Manager carries out the sales plan. In addition, he is responsible for developing - and materializing - new business opportunities.
The Sales Manager is supported by the Project Engineers and Project Manager in the Dutch headquarters, does not manage others, and reports to the Manager Projects.
Business Development & Sales
• Realisation of sales budget
• Development of new business opportunities
• Assessment of client requests
• Closing business deals
• Negotiation of business terms
• Communications and negotiations with clients
• Conversion of client demands into action plan
• Creation and management of a sales file in order to prepare a quotation
• Follow-up of quotations in consultation with the Manager Projects
• Submission of order confirmation
• Organising a meeting for transfer to the Project Manager
• (Financial) closing of the project through evaluation and report
• Maintenance of the business information & CRM system
Market research and account management
• Responsible for up-to-date knowledge of the market and competitors, monitoring of trends, and for defining these as opportunities and threats
• Drafting of site-visit reports and market reports
• Monitoring and performance of after sales. Accurate follow-up of sales orders and Q&A desk for clients
• Handling of complaints.
• Energetic and persistent
• A flexible attitude and willingness to travel
• Communication skills
• A keen sense of commerce and finance
Required level of knowledge and experience
• At least higher professional-education working & intellectual level
• Commercial experience in a cross-border technical B2B setting
• Good verbal and written working command of English, and working command of other languages is welcome.
Send your CV, motivation letter and salary expectations to email@example.com.
For further information call Jan van Vulpen at +31 612 660659.